1. It's a great opportunity to take a beautiful maternity picture under the mistletoe!
2. There's no shame in wearing stretchy waist pants. More Turkey? Grandma's apple pie? Yes, please!
3. You can sleep in on Christmas morning. Seriously, if this is your first baby there aren't any of these left in the forseeable future. If this is a sibling, blame it on the pregnancy and catch some extra zzz's.
4. Big comfy winter clothes: Best. maternity. wear. ever.
5. It's all about you! Live it up - savor unwrapping your gifts and ask for something completely impractical.
6. Family drama? No worries! You are growing a baby and can excuse yourself for frequent bathroom trips and naps. Next year they'll all want to see baby.
7. Spend Christmas Eve snuggled on the couch watching the classics and sipping your favorite virgin cocktail. No crazy Santa rush this year! Have sex. Seriously.
8. Drive around and look at the lights, without risk of a crying baby!
9. Take in a delicious reveillon dinner. This is seriously one of the best holiday offerings in New Orleans and is far more enjoyable sans baby and without the cost of a sitter. If you're not lucky enough to live in New Orleans, maybe you can take a quick trip here? Or get a fancy dinner in your own home town. Just take the time to love one another.
10. The best Christmas gift you can give your baby is letting him pick his own birthday.
You're belly is growing, your baby is moving, the weather is cool; it's a great time to just soak it up and enjoy being pregnant!
I love this time of year, and I'm not alone in that. Because of this, labor inductions and cesarean rates increase as we approach major holidays, especially Christmas. Inductions increase your risk of a c-section by 50%. Give your baby the best start at life, and stave off that holiday induction.